Thursday, January 20, 2011

Harley-Davidson - Take Care of Your Investment

Living here in the South and having been in Myrtle Beach, S.C. for many "Harley Davidson" weeks; I never knew anyone personally that owned a Harley. I did, however, enjoy seeing the motorcycles riding on the roads and sitting at stop lights. The bikes were fascinating and I enjoyed looking at the folks on the motorcycles. Still, all the while wondering what it was about those Harley-Davidson motorcycles people named a whole week after. They sounded "tough" and came in many different colors, shapes and sizes. They were also interesting to look at, but the people riding them were the most interesting because they too came in all different sizes, shapes, colors and ages. It was clear they all had one thing in common; they sat up straight and had a sense of pride that I could see, but didn't understand. It was kind of like; you can look, but don't touch.

That brings me back to bike week in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and the thousands of Harley motorcycles on the roads. People come out of the campgrounds on their golf carts and park on the sides of the roads to just watch the bikes rumble proudly by them. It really is something to see, but still that was as far as my thinking went about the Harleys and the people dressed from head to toe in their Harley gear until I met a friend who actually owned one and was part of what I now call the Harley family.

We started riding my friend's Harley Cruiser more often and on longer Travel. These trips are enjoyed only the true lovers of this wonderful machine. If you take a ride on a motorcycle is very different from a car ride. It feels like you're floating above the road, wind in your hair relaxed, but know there is a robust reliable machine to get you when you fall. I'm sure you know where this goes. E 'after riding I've been the pride and loyalty of a Harley owner and rider began to understand for these machines. Notonly do people love their Harleys, their bikes are like a member of their families and as families go, they are loyal to the Harley-Davidson brand. We don't just change our minds one day and decide to buy a Honda motorcycle or Suzuki, oh no, not us. No other motorcycle brand will do. The "we" in the previous sentence means yes, I now have my own Harley family member.

Proudly, I am an owner of a Harley Davidson Softail-Deluxe. To make a long story short, I now understand why Harley owners love their bikes and from where their pride and loyalty originate. It's not just the bike but the kinship of the people who own them. We are a different breed. Anyone can own a Harley-Davidson Cruiser, V rod, Sportster or Softail, but not every owner is necessarily a part of the "family" nor do they feel the pride and loyalty to their motorcycles we feel.

As I ride more and learn more, I'll share more information about the Harley family as I see it. These are my opinions and observations only.

No comments:

Post a Comment